Trick or Treat; Vamp up your social media
You may be using social media for business but how well are you doing it? This spooktacular themed post aims to help you ‘vamp’ up your social media. First off let’s start with some sweet facts!
- Facebook videos are viewed 8 billion times per day from it’s 500 million users.
- 500 million people Twitter each month without logging in. There are also 500 million tweets sent every single day
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- You can increase your Linked in views by 11 times by including a photo in your post
- Google processes 100 billion searches a month
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
So now we’ve established some of the facts, it’s clear that if you want people to be kept up to date with your business, regardless of the industry you should be on social media. Not only is it informative and allows people to learn about your business very quickly but it also builds trust with your audience and allows you to connect like never before. It can be extremely overwhelming so here are 7 Tricks to vamp it up!
1.Know your goals – First things first, you need to set some goals. Do you want more followers? Do you want more brand awareness? Do you want to build more conversations with customers? Make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve with your social media and you can begin to take steps to improve it. If goals are something you set that one time a couple of months ago refresh them and have a think about what you achieve starting right now.
2. Be Consistent – If you want to stand any chance of getting noticed on social media you need to be consistent. It’s always difficult to manage your time to include social media and on the days that you’re mad busy posting something on Twitter isn’t a priority in your mind. We recommend using scheduling platforms like buffer or planoly to help you keep your content consistent.
3. Use Video – Using video in your posts can really vamp up the statistics and encourage more users to engage with your content. The longer people spend watching your content or engaging in posts, the higher you will start to appear on each platform and Google.
4. Get Creative – Good news! You don’t need to be a super creative or know the entire Adobe Creative Suite to get your content looking good. There are plenty of free tools out there that help you to make your posts look more creative and branded. The trick to social media is getting people to stop scrolling and putting out more creative content will certainly help you! Take a look at Canva, it’s a great free tool.
5. Keep it Relevant – Putting out relevant content and engaging with trending topics is a great way to make sure you’re part of the conversation. We’re not saying you need to post about every # you see, but certainly engage with the big ones if they’re relevant to your business.
6. Focus on Relationships – We get it, you need business to come in and that’s probably why you’re on social media in the first place. However, people don’t like to feel like they’re being sold to especially when a lot of the time they’re on social media to try and ‘escape’ and distract themselves from what they should actually be doing. Make sure that no more than 20% of your content is sales and that your content is interesting and something that people would genuinely want to engage with.
7. Targeting Advertising – Social media allows you to do a lot of marketing completely free of charge. I wonder how many people would even use social media if you had to pay to be on the platform? Paid advertising is going to help you boost your social posts massively. Targeted Advertising is a great way to directly hit the people you want to be connecting with. You can choose everything to targeted your adds with everything from their age, gender and even interests so make sure you know exactly the type of person you would like to target and use these character profiles when creating your paid advertising campaigns.
TREAT TIME! We couldn’t leave you just with the tricks so here is a treat too! We know budgets are tight and getting professional content created for your social media is difficult so we are offering you 10% off any of our media services if you enquire by Friday 8th November. Whether it’s event photography, a virtual tour, a case study video or a business promotion video now is the time to take the leap and give your social media a serious boost!