We know that video content is at the heart of modern media, but how can you ensure they are being used to good effect?
Regularly filming and promoting videos is both time consuming and demanding; with many creators becoming disheartened when their hard work doesn’t display any significant, tangible benefits.
Despite this difficulty and the desire amongst creators and marketers alike for an easier way, video content isn’t going anywhere. This is further reinforced by the fact that:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
Fortunately, we’re here to help, with four tips to ensure you launch your video with a strategy.
Know your audience
This is, of course, something you should always identify before you even make your video. In order to get started, ask yourself these 3 questions;
- Who do you want to watch your video?
- Where would you find these kinds of people?
- How do they typically engage with video?
This may have already played a huge part in the creation of your video content but it’s also important to know what platforms your audience are engaging with and when. Once you know who your audience is, you can start to think of the best time to launch your video and what platforms to do it on.
Pick your platform
So you have your target audience, now you need to find out where they’re spending their time. Don’t assume that if you upload your video to YouTube and share a link across all of your platforms that people will head over and watch it. If people are going to take an interest in your content, you need to allow them to do so without going anywhere.
First of all, dive deeper into your target audience and find out what platforms they tend to engage with more. Do some research into your platform analytics to determine when your followers are most actively engaging with your content. This will also give you an idea of the best time to post your video.
Tailor your content
Unfortunately, it isn’t just as easy as posting the same video across all platforms with no thought as to what it could look like. Every platform employs its own algorithms and rules which determine what you can do with content. For example, instagram will only let you post a 1 minute video (Unless you use IGTV) and it’s best if it’s 1:1 (Square). Take a look this super handy quick guide to social media specs.
In order to get the most success out of your video, you may want to consider tailoring each edit to your chosen platforms. If your video has a voice over or someone talking to camera, consider using captions for platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Many users watch video content without sound, so if you have an important message to convey, it’s best to cover all bases.
Call To Action
If people have made it to the end of your video, they mean business and you need to be ready to hold their hand and show them the next step.
What do you want from your video? Do you want to push people to visit a specific page of your website or do you want them to pick up the phone and contact you? There are many ways a video can encourage consumers to take the next step to engage with your brand.
Let’s fire through some quick examples:
- The ‘Obvious’ CTA – Something along the lines of ‘Click here to find out more’ or ‘Type your email to subscribe’. It’s short, sweet and straight to the point.
- The ‘Casual’ CTA – You may be posting a video to make sure your brand is embedded in people’s minds as they endlessly scroll through content. Don’t underestimate the power of a casual CTA which can be something as simple as ‘Visit our website to find out more about our products’.
- The ‘Easy’ CTA – Despite people not wanting to actually share everything they see, it is the easiest way they can engage with your post. It’s a small action with mighty results. If your followers are sharing your content on their pages or messages, you have hit the gold mine. But don’t be fooled, it’s still difficult, so be sure to give them a good reason to share.
There are so many ways you can dive deeper into creating a video strategy and the truth is, no matter how great your video is, it’s never going to be a hit with your audience if you don’t release it with some kind of strategy.
Creating regular content in today’s world can be a very stressful task, but fear not, we’re here to help! Whether it’s creating animated text videos to update your customers or shooting a business video and launching it across your social media, our team is here to support you throughout the entire process.
If you’re curious as to what we can do for you during the current Government lockdown, click the following link and learn all about our remote services.
We may be unable to leave our homes at the moment, but that’s no reason to stop exploring! Have a look at 10 of our favourite cultural and heritage sites as if you were there in person, through hi-impact’s virtual tours.