We are hiring!
Digital Media Assistant
Job Title: Digital Media Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Media
Location: Bromborough (with travel across the U.K and occasional trips abroad)
Hours of work: Monday – Friday (08:30 – 16:30 – some flexibility on hours will be required for media project based work)
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000 per year (dependent upon experience)
About hi-impact media
Creating award-winning and engaging content for some of the most prestigious clients in their respective industries, hi-impact brings high quality results and a client-centric approach to every job. Whether it is video training tools for an international designer’s global team of merchandisers, a promotional film for a 5 star hotel or a 3D Virtual Tour for a top tourist attraction, hi-impact media takes time with every client to develop a partnership based on trust and flexibility.
The team is cutting edge, approachable and understanding. Comprising filmmakers, photographers, web designers, graphic designers, brand specialists and 3D modellers, our experts have worked across Europe with a range of high profile clients in industries such as tourism, hospitality, retail, education and leisure. Our event coverage has led us to becoming media partners for a variety of exhibitions, conferences and award ceremonies.
Be part of our culture
At hi-impact, we value our employee’s input in every aspect of our business. Our philosophy is:
- Be happy and make others happy
- Be proud of everything you do
- Be flexible and agile
- Always be growing and developing
- Be innovative and creative
- Value others and be valued
- Collaborate and communicate well
- Be authentic and show integrity at all times
Why work for us?
Creativity is at the heart of every piece of work we deliver. Our team is creative, fun, hardworking and passionate about everything they do. As part of the hi-impact media team, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself, your skills and knowledge and progress in your career.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the smooth running of the media department, with particular responsibility for supporting the Head of Media and overseeing customer projects with videography and editing. Although largely based on the Wirral, the chosen candidate will be required to have their own vehicle and be expected to travel nationally and occasionally internationally, including working outside of regular working hours on client sites when required.
- Use specialist equipment and software for both videography, photography and editing
- Ownership of video schedule and planning shoots, with direction of the Head of Media
- Post production editing of all video content using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Act as in house video expert, keeping up to date on the latest video trends, technologies and innovations to ensure optimum video quality and production
- Work to client briefs and understanding projects, with direction of the Head of Media
- Work under pressure in different environments and locations
- Create social media content for the marketing team
- Develop a strong portfolio, building a network of contacts and achieving a reputation for quality and reliability in order to secure future assignments
- Take responsibility for assigned contracts and ensuring repeat business or add on services by maintaining regular contact
- Maintain passion and enthusiasm for projects the team is working on
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job role, management reserves the right to revise the job role or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Positively promote and work in line with GDPR company requirement
- Work in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant United Kingdom and European Community Directives and Statutory Regulations
How to Apply
Along with a copy of your CV and covering letter, we require a creative video upon application. At hi-impact media, our team works on different client briefs, day in and day out, and we’d like to see how you respond to the challenge!
You must create a short video about one of the following topics:
- An introduction to yourself
- A look at your local area
- Something you’re passionate about
Don’t worry if you haven’t got any fancy kit, this can be filmed and edited on your mobile.
What we’ll be looking at:
- Use of creative ideas
- Your style of filming
- Editing skills
- Use of audio
- Something ‘outside the box’
- Video must be 1 – 5 minutes long
- Must contain audio
- Video can be submitted as portrait or landscape
This is your chance to show your passion for video so get creative and most of all, have fun with it!