Event Photography Tips
- Be creative. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your shots. Utilise your angles and use objects to enhance depth of field.
- Make sure your’e ready. People don’t like to hang around too long when you take their photograph. The quicker you can get your groups shot, the better.
- Avoid using a flash. The more natural light you can utilise, the better. Having a flash going off around the room can often make people feel uncomfortable.
- Shoot for specific platforms. Try to find out how event organisers plan to use your photographs. Different platforms have algorithms that may dictate how you shoot e.g. Instagram would prefer a square photograph so you know to shoot wider to crop in.
- Deliver quickly. Event organisers will be be relying on you to send your edited photographs so they can share them across their social media within 48 hours. Always deliver them as quick you can.